News . 14 May. 2020
The Government has set the date of 11 May 2020 for the launch of the first phase of the progressive deconfinement plan. Our school is concerned, we have listed below the questions asked by students and parents, we provide an answer for each of them and thus avoid a second wave of spread of the COVID-19 virus.
In order to offer you a better reading, we have classified your questions related to deconfinement and the return to school by major themes.
- Orals, exams and juries
- Material and equipment
- Resuming classes and going back to school
- Internships in companies
- Back to School 2020/2021Rentrée scolaire 2020/2021
Orals, exams and juries
IS THE GRADUATION JURY STILL IN PLACE?
Yes, juries are maintained on these dates:
Jury 3D Animation Cinema on September 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2020
Adjustments may have to be made according to health constraints. Note that we are not yet able to list these. You will be informed as we go along.
We are on the lookout for the evolution of the situation, we are already working on several specific organizations in view of possible sanitary adjustments.
IS IT NECESSARY TO RETURN TO SCHOOL TO TAKE THE ORAL EXAMS? ARE THEY COMPULSORY?
If your orals are planned to be held in June in the classroom: physical presence is not compulsory, you should get closer to your pedagogical directors. In any case, if you cannot come physically, your orals will be held at a distance. The oral exams are essential to validate the year.
I AM CONFINED TO MY PARENTS’ HOME, AND HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR THE EXAMS, BUT IT IS MORE THAN 100 KMS AWAY: HOW CAN I DO IT?
A state certificate has been created, in particular for this case:
“Journeys between the place of residence and the school carried out by a person attending school there or accompanying a person attending school and journeys necessary to go to exams or competitions”.
The official certificate is available on the website at the following address: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Deconfinement-Declaration-de-deplacement.
Important: please also bring proof of residence and your student card.
Material and equipment
IS THE EQUIPMENT LOANED BY THE SCHOOL (CAMERA AND FILM CAMERA IN PARTICULAR) STILL AVAILABLE AND UNDER WHAT CONDITIONS, AND UNTIL WHEN?
No, all the State’s health protocols stipulate that exchanges of equipment, loans and removal of equipment are to be prohibited. We therefore follow these directives until the lifting of the restrictive sanitary conditions that have been put in place.
Resumption of classes and return to school
I WISH TO CATCH UP ON THE DELAY ACCUMULATED DURING THIS CONFINEMENT: WILL THE COURSES CONTINUE THIS SUMMER?
All the information has been sent to you by email (student + family). Please refer to this email, as there are special cases for each class and each training.
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I WILL COME BACK TO WORK AT THE SCHOOL TO USE THE COMPUTER EQUIPMENT TO ADVANCE MY WORK?
As things stand at the moment, we are not allowed to validate the coming of students for this case, at least until June 2nd. We have made arrangements to receive students from June 2nd under the sanitary conditions imposed, but this will be subject to confirmation from the authorities and your pedagogical direction.
IF I HAVE TO RETURN TO MY INSTITUTION TO COMPLETE END-OF-CYCLE WORK: WHAT PROTECTIVE MEASURES WOULD BE PUT IN PLACE?
Please refer to the question: “What are the sanitary conditions foreseen for our return to the classroom? ”
WILL MY SCHOOL OPEN IN JULY SO THAT I CAN COMPLETE A PRODUCTION WITH MY CREW?
As things stand at the moment, we are not allowed to validate the arrival of students in this case, at least until June 2nd. We have made arrangements to welcome students from June 2nd under the sanitary conditions imposed, but this will be subject to confirmation from the authorities and your pedagogical direction.
FROM WHEN CAN WE PICK UP OUR WORK, OUR MODELS?
As things stand at present, we are not authorised to validate the arrival of students in this case, at least until 2 June. We have made arrangements to welcome students from June 2nd under the required sanitary conditions, but this will be subject to confirmation from the authorities.
In any case: please contact your pedagogical directors for all requests.
WHAT ARE THE HYGIENIC CONDITIONS FORESEEN FOR THE RETURN OF STUDENTS IN THE CLASSROOM?
- The realization of a marking on the ground, in the surroundings as well as inside the establishments, in order to visualize the necessary physical distance to be respected (1 m);
- The materialization of an organized pathway within the establishments, with the aim of limiting as much as possible the crossings and opportunities for contact between the people living on the site;
- A reminder of the measures and gestures of the barriers by means of posters and daily oral communication;
- The adaptation of teaching schedules on site;
- On the day of coming to school for the oral, the provision of alternative masks in type I fabrics (adapted for public use), as well as a visor. The student will have to keep and maintain this equipment (including regular washing of the masks and cleaning of the visors). This equipment must be kept for possible reuse at the next start of the school year;
- The implementation of a daily temperature control using non-contact thermometers. Any case of abnormally high temperature will be reported to the person concerned, who will be immediately sent home with a recommendation to contact a doctor;
- In addition to the daily maintenance carried out in our schools, which is of course maintained, a specific disinfection protocol is put in place.
This protocol provides for :
- The equipment within our buildings of dispensers equipped with hydroalcoholic solutions and soap, with free access;
- Reinforcement of the cleaning of sanitary facilities and contact points (such as ramps, door handles, switches) every 2 hours, by dedicated staff, with a follow-up sheet of the shifts carried out;
- A disinfection by nebulisation, at least once a day, of classrooms and common areas carried out by disinfection professionals.
Internships in companies
ARE INTERNSHIPS BEING DISCONTINUED? ARE THEY MANDATORY?
Courses are not deleted. However they are carried out, if they are possible. If you have the possibility to do so, and this depends on your host company. As the health situation is complex, we understand that not all students will be able to find an internship under these conditions. If you do a shorter internship, or if you do not do one, this will not prevent the validation of your diploma.
MY TRAINEESHIP IS CANCELLED BY THE COMPANY: WILL THIS PENALISE ME?
Please refer to the question “Are internships cancelled? Are they compulsory?”
Back to school 2020/2021
WILL THE SCHOOL YEAR ALWAYS START IN SEPTEMBER AS ORIGINALLY PLANNED?
As things stand at present, we are not authorised to validate the arrival of students in this case, at least until 2 June. We have made arrangements to welcome students from June 2 onwards under the sanitary conditions imposed, but this will be subject to confirmation from the authorities and your pedagogical direction.
FOR MONTPELLIER: WILL THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR START ON THE CREATIVE CAMPUS SITE IN SEPTEMBER 2020?
The start of the academic year 2020/2021 will be on the Creative Campus. The start date will be given later by the pedagogical services, if the evolution of the sanitary situation allows it.
ARE WE GOING TO BE BACK EARLIER AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SCHOOL YEAR IN SEPTEMBER? (BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER)
As things stand at present, we are in the process of organising the next school year. It is likely that for some sections a start of the new school year can be anticipated to catch up on certain courses. However, we are not in a position to give a general answer to this question. You will have to get in touch with your pedagogical service in June.